Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ron Paul

Ok, I've finally broke down and started paying attention to Presidential politics. I got around to looking at the candidates for the Republican nomination after avoiding it as much as possible last year and have picked Ron Paul to support.

Why Ron Paul? My answer is simple. He stands for nearly everything I believe in with only a few minor exceptions.

1. He supports a strong national defense without our spending billions every year on military installations around the world that we shouldn't have and don't need. For example, why are we still involved in Kosovo a decade later? Why do we still have bases in Germany when it's obvious they don't want us there? Why are there 40,000 service members stationed in the Middle East? I'm not talking about the number in Iraq or Afghanistan here. I'm talking Kuwait, Qatar, the UAE, Sinai, etc.

2. He is for a smaller federal government. Scrape the Department of Education, reduce Homeland Security to a reasonable size and reduce the overall size of the federal government.

3. He supports strict enforcement of immigration laws, control of visas, the birthright law and NO Amnesty.

These are just a few of the reasons that I'm supporting Ron Paul. To find out more about this man, I suggest you visit the Ron Paul website

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with a good share of what he is about, also.