Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Back to Politics!

Some of you may have been worried that I was getting soft by not discussing the political landscape during the last couple of posts. Never fear, I’ve been keeping my eye on things! The only problem is where to start since the Dumbocrats have preformed up to their usual expectations.

Let’s see, what the Dumbocrats have done lately. Buy the way, BTW for the chat room crowd, I love that word! It so accurately describes what’s left of the Democratic Party. Oh yeah, they elected Howard Dean as party chairman. Can you think of anyone least likely to attract middle of the road and conservative democrats back to the party. Let him get started with his histrionics. I wouldn’t be surprised if even more votes deserted the Dumbocrats when the ’06 elections come around.

Speaking of the ’06 elections, I know it’s at little early but I’ve come up with my own predictions of the outcome. How does a Republican increase of 3 seats in the senate and 12 to 15 seats in the house sound? I think it would be grand myself. Results like this would move the Republicans even closer to shutting down any filibusters in the senate. Who knows, it might even cause a few of the more conservative democrats in the senate to switch parties! I can just see it in my mind. There is Kennedy dying of apoplexy in the senate chamber when he realizes that he can’t stop any more Presidential appointments.

Two-faced Harry Reid has also opened his mouth again. Of course he’s going to get a lot of flak; he was the one that put himself in the position of Senate minority leader. I live in his state and you wouldn’t believe what he says for local consumption verses what he says in D.C. Oh well, he’s only got six years left even if he does decide to run for reelection in 2010. Next time he’ll be facing a popular republican and not a nobody like this last election.

Kennedy, Pelosi, and Clinton also can’t seem to keep their mouths shut. What else is new? I just can’t get over how these people get elected time after time! I mean really are most of the people in their states brain dead. I suppose I shouldn’t talk too loudly after all the majority of people here in Nevada elected Harry Reid again. All I can do is loudly proclaim that I wasn’t one of those who voted for him!

On another note, I was emailing a friend who is a tech writer and he mentioned how they have to write instruction manuals to a sixth grade level. Now when I was in the service I know that they wrote to an eight grade level. Meanwhile, I’m trying to figure out my tax forms for last year. I suppose that these were also written to a sixth grade level, but you couldn’t tell it by me. Maybe that’s most of the problem with the federal income tax. The thing is so complex that an accountant with a Bachelors of Science degree is required to fill them out. Try writing a textbook for a graduate level course in finances so a sixth grader can understand it! That is assuming that the sixth grader really learned enough to be in the sixth grade.

As an aside, I got curious enough to run my past postings through the Word grammar checker just to get the reading level. I generally write these to at least an eight grade level and most are ninth or tenth. I don’t think the American public is a dumb as the educational establishment and politicians would like to think we are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO! Phil. My thinking eactly. Them Dumbocrats sure do know how to put their feet in their mouths. I was fabbergasted that they chose Dean for their leader after all the nonsence in the election season last year. "Let's get on the platform and preach our dumbocratic ideas." Why do they want to show how dumb they are? And the people. Why do they fall for that garbage? It is mind boggling.

I heard that Reid and wondered if you would say anything about him. Glad to hear your comments.

Is that all the farther most people went in the school. I thought that I graduated from college. At least I have a diploma that says I did.

Phil said...

I've got the same sheepskin or at least on like it. I understand that around 20% of the US does have one. I still have to ask the question "Why do they need to write to a sixth grade level?"

I see you picked up on the dumbocrats term. Spead it around. The country needs to wake up to their antics before it's too late.

Ymarsakar said...

It's unlikely the country will wake up until they understand David Weber's books on the sub-conceptual scale.

They may still sleepwalk in the right direction, and fate or providence may lead us away from a train wreck as it did in 2004, but it is very hard to wake up and stay awake. It's like someone with a concussion, they need help, your help, but they also need to help themselves.

And if they're not paying attention, then you can't even encourage them.