Thursday, February 03, 2005

This 'n That

Weather or Whether

Lately I’ve visited a number of web site and chat rooms that confuse these two terms. Why should it be so hard to differentiate between them? After all weather is the current climatologically occurring events in an area and whether is a term implying an action with or without your permission.

Politics Again

If you listened to the State of the Union address last night then you also got a load of the democratic response. What a bunch of garbage! When are the democrats going to learn that they aren’t going to convince the American public with old ideological viewpoints and partisan bickering anymore? Enough said since I don’t want to raise my blood pressure.

Earnings

One of the things that I do to make money is selling on the internet. My storefront is on Half, but I do sell on other sites. Just a plug here, check out my store at Quail Books, for your used and new books, movies, or music needs. I thought that you might be interested in my impressions of various sites that carry these products.

Amazon: I started out selling here, but technical difficulties in the recent past have forced me to move most of my inventory to other sites. They seem to ignore the needs of the third party seller.

Alibris: If you look for something unusual or out of print this is one of two sites that I can recommend. I also sell items on this site.

Abebooks: The other site you might check for rare or out of print books. I don’t sell here, but I have shopped here.

Half.com: As a part of eBay this site has good deals on your more modern books, movies and CDs. My main shop is here and I can highly recommend it to anyone buying or selling.

Overstock: This one is new and I haven’t tried it for either buying or selling, but it does seem to get good comments from sellers in various chat rooms.

Feel free to try out any or all of these sites for your entertainment needs. If you are interested in finding a specific book then I highly recommend you visit Bookfinder.

No comments: